Answered

Macbook Pro app sees system but then say doesn't connect, any advice please?

• 30 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Sonos worked fine through my Macbook (10.15.7) a few days ago but now having issues. System work fine through iPhone. 

When app opens I get the below messages. It can’t find the system so I reset the app and try to join my system. The app says it sees the system but then when I press done I get the message about a product being unplugged.

Wen looking into the system it only shows the one SL speaker rather than both (which is visible on the iOS app).

I have removed the app and re-installed. I have rebooted both SL’s. I have checked the wi-fi network and they’re all on the only one I have.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks (Diolch - Welsh)

Daniel

icon

Best answer by outtosea 2 January 2021, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @outtosea.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Try to verify and configure any existing firewalls or third-party anti-virus/firewall combo that may prevent the controller to connect. Information on configuring OS and third-party firewalls to work with Sonos can be found in this article: Configure your firewall to work with Sonos

To better understand what’s going on, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app using the said computer. Normal menu directions do not apply when in this state, there will be a More Options button (as shown on the above image), then Submit Diagnostics, it can help track down the issue if there is one.

Let us know how that goes.

Hi Annazel S,

Thanks for that. The app now sees the system. I rebooted both SL’s and created a new system and it now works on the Mac.

Thanks for replying.

Daniel

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @outtosea.

Thanks for your response and update.

It’s so nice to hear that the issue was now resolved and I appreciate your effort in sharing with us the steps you did to fix it.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Cheers!