Question

last.fm

Userlevel 3

The new app removed the last.fm service so we can no longer scrobble music. Thanks for not giving us the heads up before upgrading. So upset!

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I hope it's just temporary. Otherwise...

Badge

Although I dont see the Last.fm.option / settings anywhere in the app, my scobbling does seem to work with latest app and firmware... 

(and yes Last.fm is very important to me) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Although I dont see the Last.fm.option / settings anywhere in the app, my scobbling does seem to work with latest app and firmware... 

(and yes Last.fm is very important to me) 

Exactly the same as you. Scrobbling still works, but I am wary that they will at some point allow themselves to remove that. I will be reassured when Last.fm will appear again in the services list.

Badge

Yes, hopefully Sonos understands this is a very important feature for users!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

There is a discussion on the Last.fm forum, but it seems that no one at Last.fm wants to respond or reassure us. Don't hesitate to post new messages to show that we exist and that the Last.fm team puts pressure on Sonos so that the service is restored.

Last.fm service not anymore accessible in Sonos - Get Help / Apps and Scrobbling - Last.fm Support Community

Badge

I added my reply there as well :)

There are also some threads on Reddit: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1cnul0h/recent_sonos_app_update_has_removed_the_lastfm/

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

There is an official answer from Last.fm about that here :

https://support.last.fm/t/last-fm-service-not-anymore-accessible-in-sonos/93376/4

Things are simple : Last.fm offered help to Sonos to implement the service, something that wouldn't be complicated. They are still waiting for an answer from Sonos.

SO IF SOMEONE OF SONOS IS READING THIS : DO SOMETHING TO FIX THE ACCESS TO LAST.FM SERVICE. AND ASK HELP FROM LAST.FM THEY ARE READY TO HELP YOU! AND THE LEAST OF THE COURTESIES IS TO ANSWERING AND GIVING US AN APPROXIMATE DATE OF THE FIX.