Skip to main content

I have been a loyal Sonos customer for may years and love your products (I own a Play 3, Play 5, Connect G1 and G2s) but I have to complain about the new Sonos app. The one thing that I dislike about the new player is when I go to landscape mode on my phone (Samsung S10 plus), the interface stays in portrait mode. On my tablet (LG G Pad III), landscape works but instead of having the layout like in the S1 version, everything is centered and the artwork is super tiny, compared to the S1 interface, where the artwork is on the side and takes full advantage of the space given and info on the opposite side.

I don’t think the Sonos app on Android phone allows landscape at all, just will not flip to it

, I don’t know why. That;s my experience anyway.

The Sonos app is ok IMO but every time I use it on a tablet I wonder why they don’t utilize the space better as this giant waste is present on almost all screens. 

I don’t think the Sonos app on Android phone allows landscape at all, just will not flip to it

, I don’t know why. That;s my experience anyway.

The Sonos app is ok IMO but every time I use it on a tablet I wonder why they don’t utilize the space better as this giant waste is present on almost all screens. 

IMHO they messed up the app long ago - IIRC, 4.x was the last one that made sense. It had a good app for the phone, and one for large tablets that was very similar to the PC app, using all the screen real estate. Then they started focusing on phones, and suddenly we had an app that looks absolutely ridiculous on anything bigger than a phone.