Skip to main content

HI - I am having a problem seeing my “imported playlists” after doing some iTunes maintenance this week. Here’s what I’ve done. 

1. Created a new share on my Synology NAS. This is \\192.168.1.2\AppleMusic
  2. On a new PC build, I installed iTunes, mapped a network drive the above share as M:\ and told iTunes that’s where my library is. 
  3. On the new iTunes install, I downloaded all my files (~9300) via iTunes match. They are now in the share.
  4. Told Sonos that that the file share is a music library folder
  5. Re-indexed the library in the controller
  6. “Consolidated” the iTunes library a few times. 

All songs, albums, and artists are available in the Sonos App. Playlists are not. The playlists are visible in iTunes and work fine. 

I have tried copying iTunes Library.itl into the share and re-indexing but it didn’t work. 

I know I’m missing something simple. LMK if you guys have any thoughts! 

Thanks

Dave

Hi @dcpugh,

Try copying over the iTunes Music Library.xml file to your shared drive and re-index after that. The XML is where the playlist information is stored :slight_smile:

Edit: If you don’t see the xml file, make sure this option is checked in iTunes

Thanks. I’ll try that … Will this automatically place the relevant playlist files in the Synology share or will have I have to copy it? If it’s a copy, then I have to do this every time I make a new playlist which is not ideal. 

I’m really wondering why iTunes is using my C:\Users\user_name\Music\iTunes folder for anything when I told it my library was M:\

I’ll report back after I check the box and reindex. 

D

Manual copy works great. I’ll see if I can find a way to have iTunes do this for me or I’ll write a script to do it. Thanks for the tip on the XML file and the checkbox!

Dave