Skip to main content
Answered

Is the system forcing Desktop users to the not-ready-for-primetime "upgrade?"

• 6 June 2024
  • 1 reply

After I lost the use of my I-phone controller to this poorly engineered “upgrade,” it appears my Roam speaker will not connect unless I “upgrade” the controller. I can run the rest of my system without it. Will this new requirement as of a day ago cause me to lose what functionaity I have? I have been using TuneIn streaming. Am I at risk to Sonos-only that you folks can charge for?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

After I lost the use of my I-phone controller to this poorly engineered “upgrade,” it appears my Roam speaker will not connect unless I “upgrade” the controller. I can run the rest of my system without it. Will this new requirement as of a day ago cause me to lose what functionaity I have? I have been using TuneIn streaming. Am I at risk to Sonos-only that you folks can charge for?

As far as I can tell the changes to the PC App are to keep it in synch with the changes to the firmware in the speakers. I have seen no functional changes in the updated PC app.