Answered

Is it possible to disable the Everywhere group?

• 1 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a fair number of Sonos speakers throughout my house which can be thought of in 4 zones: upstairs, downstairs, garage, and patio. There is rarely, if ever, a case when I want all speakers on at the same time, so I would like to disable the ‘Everywhere’ default speaker group and only use my own. Is that possible?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 January 2022, 06:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why would you want this? Do you have users you do not trust to handle your system responsibly? Do you activate this function inadvertently?

I can’t speak for the OP, but when work-from-home became a thing my wife had the habit of playing her music “everywhere” while I was in an online meeting from my office, causing hilarity all round. For a while…

I “fixed” this by setting up my own Sonos Household in my office with a Five (for PC audio), so she can’t get to that, or include it in any group from my main Household.

Now if only I could stop the dogs barking for every Amazon delivery, I would be totally set audio-wise for WFH.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why would you want this? Do you have users you do not trust to handle your system responsibly? Do you activate this function inadvertently?

I’ve never seen an option in the controller to disable that group.