Skip to main content
Hello everyone!

I have sonos vlanned and working well with my Android app from my home network to my iot network.

On my iphone app, I seem to have to stay on the IOT network or the app loses the ability to control music that is already playing. It can start new songs, but not pause or stop them. Once the phone gets rebooted, the sonos app loses sight of the system.

I setup the sonos originally on Android. I can use both phones at the same time on the same network and only IOS has this issue. On Android I have no problems joining IOT to adopt a new speaker, switching back to home, and the app works smoothly every time.

An ideas to get my IOS device working as well as my Android device? Thanks for any help.
I am following the guide here for ports

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/multiple-subnets-vlans-and-sonos-workable-clavister-solution-30950

I did not need the 30k-60k on TCP/UDP to get Android working.

Just in case I added them and it did not seem to help for IOS.

Are UPnP ports different for IOS?
A little more info, The sonos app and spotify both connect to my beam and control it well.

The amazon music app on android says it is connected to the beam, the status icon just spins when you press play.
Spotify is working well on the latest IPad, so for both platforms spotify seems good.

It looks like my main issue here is just streaming from devices with the amazon music app, which has problems on both ios and android.
aaaand I just now realized my beam is tied up in a room, and amazon music app does stream to the entire room ok! just not to the beam but that's ok
My situation has improved now that both spotify and amazon music are connecting well on both platforms

i'm still curious why the sonos app is working great with Android but not IOS, as I might migrate to IOS in the future
I have an IPad where things are working well, so I guess this issue is closed