iOS Sonos app slow

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Were the Sonos speakers unplugged while you rebooted the router? If not, they need to be, otherwise they hang on to that ‘bad’ IP address. 

If they were, then that eliminates my supposition, and we’ll need to see what Sonos says about the diagnostic. 

Userlevel 1

Bruce. I’ve rebooted the whole lan and this still happens. Album art being slow to refresh is the first indicator but then other issues occur. Adding a could of symfonisk speaker as surrounds has slowed things even more. 

Have you been able to make any progress with Sonos support? I am also experiencing this issue and have been unable to resolve it.

My network (Amplifi by Ubiquity) performs excellently in all other respects but I have done a full factory reset on all routers, mesh points and Sonos speakers but noticed no improvement. 

I’ve spent some time looking at these message boards trying to work out why my app was slow. Most of my Sonos network is wired but the app was very slow (~20s) to fully connect or start up. I have a 5.1 setup and an additional 3 Play:1 pairs 

I disabled IGMP snooping on my TP-Link unmanaged switches (TL-SG108E x 3), and everything seems to be running faster.

I don’t use AirPlay or other technologies that use IGMP, so there’s been no downside for me. I hope this is useful.

Badge

The app is brutally slow. My observation is since Sono2.0 came out, this app has been awful. Trying to force the end-user to buy new speakers that are airplay ready.  Sonos, in my view,  i have  lost confidence in their ability to support users. It’s all about money. Why should the app be so painfully slow. There’s lots of people posting about this. It’s not a surprise. On top of this, it’s always checking to see if you want to upgrade to new speaker/the new app. (Sonos 2.0 now available,Check Sonos compatibility with new speakers ) please stop this behavior.