Skip to main content

So the scenario is I’m airplaying an album from my Mac to my Sonos Amp. This shows up on my iPhone’s control centre but I cannot control the playback from my iPhone, it’s won’t connect when I click on it in the screenshot. Shouldn’t I be able to control the playback from my phone otherwise why does the Sonos Amp (Jamie’s Hi-Fi) even show up on my phone?

That’s more of an Apple question about AirPlay 2 than it is a Sonos question, since in this scenario, Sonos is merely a receiver of the data at this point.

However, I would think so...it might be worth a reboot of your phone as a test. However, I’m not sure, I’ve never tested this type of thing. You may get better data from an Apple Forum. 

Yeah, I see what you mean but I guess I’d like to know what the desired or intended implementation is from the Sonos side of things. I’ve added the app to Homekit successfully and have done some experimenting and think you’re right, it’s probably an Apple thing.

If I Airplay from my phone to the Amp the Amp controls show up in the Home app on my phone and in the home app and Control Centre and the home favourites via the Control Centre on my iPad but not in Control centre on my phone. None of the control centre, home app controls work if the Airplay was initiated from my Mac although under this scenario the Amp does show up in control centre but it can’t be connected to to use the control.

So yeah, think this is an Apple issue, hopefully one that will be sorted with the next MacOS.