Skip to main content

ID3 Tag multiple Artist in music library

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a large .mp3 library.  Search works for normal kind of album, an album by a single artist works fine.  There I use the Artist for the “Album Artist” Tag and the Artist in the “Artist” Tag.  This works well when there is a song on the album featuring another Artist, I use the Artist and add the Featuring artist in the Artist.  The problem is a compilation like the 2019 Grammy Album; “Album Artist” tag is “Various Artists” and I use the Artist singing the song in the “Artist” tag.  So, the song is listed under “Album Artist” and not Artist making that Artist unfindable if I don’t have an album by the artist.  When I look at the song info, it shows the “artist” as the Artist, not “Various Artist.  Frustrating, 

Can’t be sure, but I think the search was working in Sonos V1 and stopped working in Sonos V2.  I deleted the index and rebuilt it to no avail.  Not sure what else to try.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I used Manage|Music Library Settings|Music Library|Advance (tab)|Group Album Using:Do not group compilations.  

Since I believe that this was working before, I’m assuming that this option was changed when converting to SONOS V2.