Skip to main content

I have a large .mp3 library.  Search works for normal kind of album, an album by a single artist works fine.  There I use the Artist for the “Album Artist” Tag and the Artist in the “Artist” Tag.  This works well when there is a song on the album featuring another Artist, I use the Artist and add the Featuring artist in the Artist.  The problem is a compilation like the 2019 Grammy Album; “Album Artist” tag is “Various Artists” and I use the Artist singing the song in the “Artist” tag.  So, the song is listed under “Album Artist” and not Artist making that Artist unfindable if I don’t have an album by the artist.  When I look at the song info, it shows the “artist” as the Artist, not “Various Artist.  Frustrating, 

Can’t be sure, but I think the search was working in Sonos V1 and stopped working in Sonos V2.  I deleted the index and rebuilt it to no avail.  Not sure what else to try.

I used Manage|Music Library Settings|Music Library|Advance (tab)|Group Album Using:Do not group compilations.  

Since I believe that this was working before, I’m assuming that this option was changed when converting to SONOS V2.