Skip to main content
Question

Icon disappears from android notification bar

• 31 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Been using android sonos app on my galaxy s8+ with no issues for months. When running, sonos icon never disappeared from notification area until starting yesterday when I purchased an echo dot and set up for use with sonos. Now, everything still works, but I need to formally open sonos app on order to use on phone, as the icon always disappears from notification area. I made no changes to my preferences after installing echo dot in my house.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. I had the same issue for the last week and just resolved it. It is not linked to your echo setup but rather the notification setting. On my s7, when I pull down to bring up the notification bar, i can then access the notification setting (bottim right). From there, you can enable sonos as an app allowed to push through notifications. No idea how it got disabled last week, maybe through the update but it now works again. Hope this helps.
(message deleted). I had the same problem after setting up my echo dot. Clearing data for the Sonos app fixed it. And I had to re-check "Allow Volume Control on Home Screen"in Sonos settings, which somehow became unchecked.