Skip to main content

Why hasn’t Sonos figured out how to turn alarm feature off when outside home, geo fence, ect.   Pretty disappointing considering the alarm feature is so great at getting everyone up.  But pretty sad because Sonos cost so much from the start.  You’d think that when you create that option you’d have the foresight to what to turn it off. 

Funny you should mention foresight.  :wink:

Why hasn’t Sonos figured out how to turn alarm feature off when outside home, geo fence, ect.   Pretty disappointing considering the alarm feature is so great at getting everyone up.  But pretty sad because Sonos cost so much from the start.  You’d think that when you create that option you’d have the foresight to what to turn it off. 

Sonos was designed to function without needing a connection to the internet.  It actually first came about before the iPhone. That said, not hard to see why that would be a desired feature, at least as an option.  I would guess that part of the reasons it has not been implemented is that it’s not a highly requested feature.  It may also be something the older units can’t handle, so perhaps something we could see with S2 coming in June or after? 

The other thing is that a lot of people would work around the issue by using a 3rd party hub/controller that can control Sonos.  There is IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, Google (I think), Lutron, Smartthings, etc.  I personally use lutron’’s as I like to have lights come on with my speakers in the morning.  I can easily change the schedule from the lutron app from anywhere.

And lastly, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?  :grinning: