Skip to main content

Does anyone from SONOS monitor this Board?   I just switched from Spotify to Apple Music (via Apple One) and was pretty happy until I realized that Apple Music App cannot control Sonos directly as the Spotify App can.  And to make it worse, the Sonos App does not show all of the new features of Apple Music when I add Apple as a Service.

Is this something SONOS or APPLE needs to work on for the millions of customers.   If this will not be improved I will likely switch back to Spotify.

Thank you.

Larry

This would be on Apple to address. Sonos provides open API for music services to use these features, and it’s up to the music service to implement them in there side.  The best Sonos could do would be to pass on your requests to Apple or perhaps provide technical assistants to Apple developers if needed.

Look at it this way.  There’s no way Apple would let Sonos, or any other company really, decide and design how their customers experience Apple services.

I like that Spotify allows you to directly connect to SONOS from its IOS App.   I was hoping Apple would do the same since there are features in Apple Music that I enjoy

I’d be a fan of that too. Sonos has already written the API that allows that to happen, all Apple needs to do is include that in their codebase, something Sonos doesn’t have access to.

You can read more on the Sonos partners page.

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure Apple doesn’t monitor the Sonos Community Forums, so you might want to petition them directly.