Skip to main content
Hi everyone,

We are at home Sonos users we have 4 play:1 and a sonos connect. They are both used by my husband and I who have different uses:

• He uses sonos for music and use only spotify which work absolutely fine for him;
  • Me: I barely uses spotify, my main use of sonos are for podcasts (for which I use the pocketcast app and it works well) and audiobooks and this where I have a problem with Sonos.

Let me explain, when I listen to an audiobook (well they can very lengthy (50 hours say)) I lose my position in the audiobook everytime my husband later in the day take over the sonos to play a song on Spotify. This is so frustrating, this is my only complaint but it’s a huge one because this why I use Sonos. Is there any way to “bookmark” where you are at in file and come back to it if spotify has been used?

Is there an app ? I have testing adding my audio files to google play and no luck I can’t keep my position on audio file, my nas is connected to to sonos and again no luck.

Is there a way to be able to pick upright where you left off in an audiofile after let’s just say a song has been played on spotify? Is there an app like mxplayer that is compatible with sonos that when you listen to an audiofile it asks you if you wish to restart or go back to where you were? Can Plex do it ?

I don’t know If all this rambling has been made my problem clear…Thanks you for your help.
How exactly are you playing your audiobook? Sonos is a little book-aware, but only when using a music service that specifically supports books (like Audible). Such services work with the controller apps to remember positions, and display 30 second skip fwd/back buttons. However if you are playing an actual file from a share, then no, Sonos offers no way of saving/restoring the position in a track, apart from the scrubber control which is not particularly accurate or convenient for this.