Skip to main content
Question

How to add network source to Favorites

• 27 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I add this because it seems a common thing to want to do, but it took me ages to work out how to do it, and no amount of searching turned up any answer. I wanted to add a network drive source to my Favorites.

I have a USB drive mounted on my modem-router. I’ve copied my MP3 library to it.  I then added this to my Sonos library using the Windows Sonos client and Manage > Music Library Settings > Music Library >  Add.  The USB source I specified as \\192.168.1.254\usb1\MyMusic  (where usb1 is the name of my USB drive, and MyMusic the folder on it).

The trick to adding this as a source in your Sonos Favorites is to click Music (top-right of the window), then Music Library, then Folders. Then use the pull-down menu on the source you just added, and select Add to Favorites.

You can now browse the music using the Music > Sonos Favorites route.

Some keywords to help this show up in searches: NAS, network drive

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @BrianWC, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. We really appreciate you for providing this with us and for your feedback. This will help Sonos users here in the community. Please continue sharing your experiences with us. 

Let me also share some articles that may help:

Missing tracks or albums in Sonos music library 
Music library audio stops or skips
Access denied error when using the music library
The computer could not be found error when using a music library

Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you. The Sonos community is always here to help.