Skip to main content

I recently bought an IKEA speaker for a rental house. I am trying to set it up using a new SONOS account I created for the rental with a different email address to my home account (which is the one I am using now). The App keeps telling me that the verification email has been sent but I have not received it. I have tried multiple times and double (and triple!) checked the email address to make sure it is correct. I have also checked both my SPAM and Junk email folders. I have also tried to set it up with a (second)  separate email address but without success (ie, same problem). The account I am using to send this question is my home account, which has a different email address and is quite separate to the rental. Please help me. It is very frustrating.

It might be best to perhaps contact/chat to Sonos Support via the links shown on this support PAGE

Hi @NicoleMack.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

@Ken_Griffiths is right you need to contact our phone support with this case they have a tool to send the verification right away while your talking with them.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hello,

I also noticed the same issue. After trying many times, I realized that the verification email is not arriving for certain domain names. In my case, I have my own domain name with a .name extension. Whenever I try to verify an email within the sonos app or website using that domain extension, I never receive the verification email. So I had to fall back on another @gmail.com account that I have and then it works. I think that there is some kind of rule excluding non “standard” domains from the verification process.

@Mark P could you please make sure to convey that information to your dev team so that they have a look? I think this should definitely be fixed as we have more and more “non standard” domain extensions nowadays.

Cheers,

Jonas

Hey @jvonlanthen,

I don’t believe that there’s a rule blocking non-standard domain extensions, but I will certainly check this with our engineering teams to make sure. There is a system in place to verify that an email address is legitimate, so maybe it’s overreaching somewhat. Once again, thanks for all your testing, and I’ll be sure to pass this information over to our engineering teams to look in to.