Skip to main content

I have a fully installed S1 system upgraded to S2 that plays in five rooms. I’m old (79) and don’t speak tech so I need a simple step by step guide on how to find music options, how to select and play same, in which rooms, then delete same later. Most importantly, how do I build a playlist of individual Christmas songs of my choosing? Where can I find very specific instructions on how to do those basic things?

What is your music source? Something like Spotify? If yes, are you able to play music from it on a smart phone?

I use Amazon and SONOS. I use my smart phone as the base of my product as conduit to my speaker system. For Christmas playlist I’d like to cherry-pick individual songs from Christmas albums from Perry Como, Nat King Cole, John Denver, Josh Groban and others.

if you open Amazon Music on the phone and start playing a song, there should be a little box icon, with a WiFi signal indicator sign in the bottom left corner of the box; tap that and you should get a list of Sonos speakers to which the music play can be transferred from the phone.

Are you able to so transfer any song that is playing on the phone?

If you can, you can make a Christmas playlist inside the Amazon music app after getting the artists to play via the search window. Once that playlist starts playing, perhaps in random mode, transfer the song being played to any Sonos speaker of your choice.

Thanks Kumar, I’ll give it a shot when I get back home. Is there a users manual that I can go to for specifics? I have the manual that is primarily installation information but I need a manual that talks about how to use the system step by step.

There are many “how to” write ups on this site: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/how-sonos-works

It is a lot easier to operate Sonos than to read about how to operate it, but the link should help.

I have Amazon too….If you use the phone and key in Christmas music,on your Amazon Music,you should get a plethora of Christmas related music popping up.Then simply choose what you’d like to play….

Good Luck

Btw,you’re not that old! -:)