Skip to main content

Any reason why not allowing the user to play/pause + controlling volume directly from the system “tab”? Are there any other places than here to post suggestions?

How it looks today:

Suggestion to how it could look like:

Hi @Ahrensberg, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue. Let me help you with this.

The System is a function in the Sonos setup to configure, organize, and follow a set of rules to work. In System, you can change or modify settings in your Sonos setup like adding/removing speakers, modify room names, enable/disable WiFi on the device, create/remove stereo pairs, add/remove surrounds and sub, perform Trueplay, set up alarmsadjust the bass, treble, balance, and loudness, perform wireless setup, change the wireless channel and update your Sonos speakers to name a few.

The Sonos Menu can be found at the bottom part of the screen that allows you to quickly navigate to access My Sonos, browse music, what's playing, search, and settings. You can also, group/ungroup and save group settings in the Sonos app. 

In the recent update, Sonos created a bubble floating above the Sonos menu to quickly access what's playing and to adjust the volume on your Sonos speakers.

Hope this helps.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Rowena B. 

Thanks for your reply, eventhough I actually already do know everything you wrote. 😉 Not sure if you misunderstood my question, since the “System” secion you are talking about is the section in settings, while the “System” tab I am talking about, is the one in the Sonos Menu. The one you also refer to as “What’s playing”. (A little confusing though that two different things are called the same.)

I know I can jump to the “room” from “What’s playing” / “System” and do what I want from here, but why don’t allow controlling play/pause and volume from here? As I tried to show in my suggestion? The second screenshot which don’t exists (yet)?

Best regards

Ahrensberg

Hi @Ahrensberg, thank you for your response and we really appreciate your feedback on this. 

I understand that's confusing that the System (Settings) and System (what's playing) are called the same. I'll be noting your feedback and have it submitted to our engineers.

About adjusting the volume under System, this feature is not available yet in the Sonos app.  is send in a feature request to make this available in the Sonos app. We don't have the timeline and the information yet to share with you about this but you can check our announcements when this feature becomes available. 

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We and the community are always here to help.