Skip to main content

Is there a way to quickly level all the rooms/zones in a group without having to adjust the volume of each one individually? For example, I start playing music and select “Everywhere” and the volumes of each speaker/zone will be at a different level after their last individual uses. Then when I adjust the group volume they adjust proportionally from their individual starting points. I’d like a way to quickly normalize them so they are all at “volume level 15” rather than 11, 22, 19 & 28.

If there isn’t a way, there should me (in my opinion)

For the technically minded, SoCo-CLI [1] can do this using its ‘group_volume_equalise’ action, e.g.:

sonos <any_speaker_in_group> group_volume_equalise 15

p1] https://github.com/avantrec/soco-cli

Interesting suggestion. I’m not sure that sort of thing would work for me, as all ‘grouped’ rooms have speakers at different distances from the listening area, so have different volumes that I appreciate when adjusting the ‘grouped’ volume slider.

How would you make the UI reflect the two different states that would need to exist, one for your case, one for mine? I’m not saying either one is better, just think that there’s likely more need for the current version, but of course I’m prejudiced as it meets my own needs. 

However, other folks have suggested that if you move the volume slider for the ‘group’ to zero, when you bring it back up, they’ll be synchronized.

Yes, drag group-volume to zero, let go for a moment …and then select again and drag right to have all rooms volume in the group set to the same numerical value.

Yes, drag group-volume to zero, let go for a moment …and then select again and drag right to have all rooms volume in the group set to the same numerical value.

Or to maximum volume, then back down :)

Or to maximum volume, then back down :)

Ooooeerr🥴… yes, that too …ouch ha ha 

@pwt - wish I were that smart. 

@Ken_Griffiths THANKS! That is exactly what I was looking for. I had tried that before but never took my finger off the volume. That’s the trick…

@Airgetlam, it’s still not a bad idea to have volume profiles… In my case I like having the music playing subtly in the background throughout the house at the same volume. But customizable volume profiles in a similar fashion as you can create custom groups would be a nice feature.