Answered

from 15.5 to 15.8.1

• 20 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi:

Is it a good idea to upgrade from 15.5 to 15.8.1?

I only have a beam2 and sub mini and I like the way it sounds on 15.5.

I usually hear that sometimes there are problems with updates: lower sound, updates that don't finish, etc.

I usually always upgrade but I don't know if 15.8.1 can improve the "simple" system I have.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 September 2023, 00:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you want to skip or pause updates you need to set ALL your Sonos controllers to NOT auto-update as there is no good way to roll-back to the previous version.

Also turn off Update Automatically under the Settings app menu.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi:

my iPhone automatically updated the application and when I ran it, it wouldn't let me do anything. Just update so I have done it.

When I finished the sub mini the app didn't detect it and after a while it appeared and everything was updated to 8.1 (I got a bit scared). For now I haven't noticed anything relevant (sound)

We will see...

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi:

Is it a good idea to upgrade from 15.5 to 15.8.1?

I only have a beam2 and sub mini and I like the way it sounds on 15.5.

I usually hear that sometimes there are problems with updates: lower sound, updates that don't finish, etc.

I usually always upgrade but I don't know if 15.8.1 can improve the "simple" system I have.

Thanks.

Personally I wait. If there’s no reports of problems in a few weeks I’ll update. 

Ooops. You’re still on 15.5, and not 15.8? Feel free to ignore my comments. While I don’t specifically know of any changes to sound profiles during that time period, I don’t know that there were none, either. 

There are no release notes posted yet, but I would expect the only ‘change’ in the update is the definitions for the Move 2, and nothing else, I’d think you’d be safe in updating.