Feature Request - Specify location for music on My Device

• 19 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I use Sonos on Android and want to play music from my device.

Please add a feature to allow the Sonos App to scan specific on-device folders rather than default to only the “Music” folder.

Use case: Amazon Prime Music no longer allows playing specific songs. As a workaround, I purchased and downloaded music to my device. The Amazon download folder is “Android\device\com.amazon.mp3\files\Music\Purchased” but Sonos only scans the “Music” folder and doesn’t recognize the downloaded music.

If I could specify on-device folders to scan, it would solve this issue. This solution seems universal as it would allow playback for all downloaded songs from any streaming service.

Thanks for your consideration.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This solution seems universal as it would allow playback for all downloaded songs from any streaming service.

Downloaded files from streaming services are DRM-protected, hence no.

The Amazon download folder is “Android\device\com.amazon.mp3\files\Music\Purchased” but Sonos only scans the “Music” folder and doesn’t recognize the downloaded music.

Move the files from “Purchased” to the standard Android music folder.

https://support.google.com/files/answer/9808833?hl=en

@Smilja . I think hhese are outright purchases, not offline content.

@my2rc . If that is the case then just move the files to the Music folder.

@Smilja . I think hhese are outright purchases, not offline content.

Yes, thus “Move the files from “Purchased” to the standard Android music folder”.

@Smilja Apologies. If I had read your post more carefully I would have realised that you were correctly distinguishing between free offline content and outright owned music.