Feature request: Sonos iPhone app and Apple Music plugin - no organization

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

You mentioned lossless in connection with Apple Music, hence my comment about Deezer HiFi. I don’t consider it a ripoff, at a small delta in cash terms over their 320/MP3 subscription. Tidal on the other hand is a different matter. ..

As for lossless having no benefit on a Sonos speaker that’s a different debate. With a well set up (Trueplay tuned) pair of Fives/Play:5s lossless is worthwhile, as with for example a Port driving headphones. 

Badge +1

Well, with Apple Music, the lossless media available is just another benefit to me, as I mentioned the service package is very cheap for the family plan (6 users).

I just have a few Play:1 units (non Airplay models unfortunately). They’re good for what they are, but I have a Klipsch stereo setup and some Beyerdynamic headphones for the rest. I wouldn’t invest in Sonos’ premium speakers, but the Connect or whatever it’s called now would be considered if it worked well with everything that’s typical (iPhones/Apple Music).

Oh here we go. Now it’s down to attacking Apple users… I have an iPhone and Apple Music (Spotify wasn’t working well and their policies are horrible for artists). Typical angry droid. You can see why Sonos is losing.

Sonos is losing?  How did you come to that determination?

It’s really pathetic that Sonos simply can’t be bothered to improve its mediocre product even if it only means asking Apple to make a simple change. Disgraceful. Didn’t even try and you’re pushing it all on me like I’m the only one with this request. I’m not buying anything from Sonos again.

This is just silly.  Clearly Sonos is consistently looking to improve their products with new features, even to products that are already sold and in people’s homes.  The no way you could look at the history of Sonos and conclude they have no interest in improvement.  In fact, much of the trouble Sonos gets into with customers is because of the very fact they are trying to improve their products, while some customers just want Sonos to stay the same.  

And as pointed out already, it’s not good business for Sonos to tell their customers “we asked Apple to do this and they said no”.  Apple may have their reasons why they can’t or won’t implement a feature and Apple should be the ones to talk to you about it, if they want to discuss it all.  Even if Sonos does relay your request to Apple ( which I suspect they actually do), it would still be better for you talk directly with Apple as well to add more weight to your request.  

Badge +1

I’ve already said I would contact Apple. I wasn't told that Sonos would contact Apple - I was brushed off rudely there and told to contact Apple myself. I was also condescended to when someone said “don’t you think Sonos has already contacted Apple?” I have no way of knowing and no one ever said Sonos had already done so.

I’ve already said I would contact Apple. I wasn't told that Sonos would contact Apple - I was brushed off rudely there and told to contact Apple myself. I was also condescended to when someone said “don’t you think Sonos has already contacted Apple?” I have no way of knowing and no one ever said Sonos had already done so.

As I said, Sonos does not discuss their internal communications with music partners.  They simply aren’t going to say anything about their contact with Apple (if indeed it has happened).

And you got the quote wrong:

How do you know Sonos hasn't done exactly that, and been rebuffed by Apple?  Answer - You don't.