Answered

Feature request: "Search for [artist]" on iPadOS (re: S2 discovery)

• 31 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Just in case any Sonos designers check these forums (?), I have one feature request to improve discovery functionality of the S2 app. On the iOS version of S2, it’s possible to find the command “Search for [artist]” when tapping on the “...” button next to the name of the artist that’s currently playing over Sonos Radio. However, on the iPadOS version of S2, this command is missing (see screenshots). (As is the subsequent option to “Add artist to My Sonos”). I can’t imagine that there’s a structural reason for this discrepancy in app design; and it interrupts the otherwise seamless experience of the Sonos system—especially for those of us who see Sonos Radio to discover new music. (As an aside: better integration with Apple Music would also be appreciated. E.g. being able to add albums directly to the Apple Music Library).

iPhone app, with discovery function (“Search for..”)

iPadOS app lacks same discovery function

icon

Best answer by ratty 31 December 2020, 17:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Are you sure it’s not there if you scroll the upper portion of the menu?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Are you sure it’s not there if you scroll the upper portion of the menu?

Haha. That was the easiest app fix of all time. :sweat: Thanks for pointing that out.

Although (if I can slightly defend my ignorance): there are no visual cues to suggest that the top-portion of the menu is indeed scrollable. Nor does there seem to be any good reason why there’s an asymmetry between the two versions of the app (i.e. they both “hide” the Share this Station command, but only the iPadOS version also hides Search for...). From a screen real-estate perspective, scrolling doesn’t seem to be necessary; although I guess this gives them the ability to introduce new features down the road.

Anyways: thanks again for the tip; much appreciated..