Skip to main content

Please add local music libraries to the new search.

And please commit to keeping the ability to listen to our own music libraries in future.

Like many other Sonos users, I have a lot of music which is not available on any streaming service. I want to be able to keep listening to it.

(Right now, both new search and classic search are functionally ‘broken’ for me. New search doesn’t include my music library and classic search no longer includes Spotify. What I like about Sonos is the ability to use both - and now I can’t.)

Hi @poprock 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Really Sonos… Don't you think access to one own library should be the first thing you think of when designing a new search function? You really need users to tell you this? and this is still not fixed?

Hi @HenriR NL 

You can search your music library by utilising Classic Search, and as far as I am aware, Classic Search isn’t going anywhere.

I am sure the idea was thought of already - and left out for reasons I am not aware of - but the request for it to be added to New Search has been recorded nonetheless.

Hi my sonos also no longer allows a search for artists  from my own music and spotify at the same time.

I now have to go between the 2 search functions.

Not acceptable!
As a user it has made it more inconvenient. 

Why would you change it from what it was? 

Please reinstate the combined search function as a priority.

Hi @zipzap2902 

Although the Spotify Artist search issue is known, I cannot replicate any problem with searching Music Library for Artists - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Thanks Corey P- my artist search in Sonos Classic Search’ works fine for finding artists in my music library. What I’m saying is that it used to also throw up Spotify results as well in the same search.

It no longer searches spotify in ‘Sonos Classic Search’ To search Spotify I now have to do a seperate search in ‘Sonos New Search’

Im asking for search of spotify and other sites is returned to ‘Sonos Classic Search’

Hi @zipzap2902 

Understood. The lack of Spotify results in an Artist search is unintentional and temporary.

Thanks Corry P - your swift response very much appreciated