Feature Request: Integrate status.sonos.com in App when erroring trying to play from a Sonos Music Service

• 24 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Today there was an issue with The Sonos BBC Sounds service, the App threw an error station not available. I see that there was a status post on status.sonos.com. This shows all the services and status of all services.

I’m thinking could this be intelligently integrated in the App?

eg I try to play something on a Music service, it fails. The error provides a link to status.sonos.com for that specific service if there is an outage at the time the user is trying to play service.

Only link if there is an error playing and there is also a known outage.

Could avoid customer frustration disabling services / re enabling services, support calls etc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

A long the same lines, could Sonos just have a link next to the service if there is a currently reported issue?  That way you don’t even spend time trying to play the service if there is a known outage.

Feels like there would be some unintended consequences with this though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

The known outage may not affect all users / regions /networks etc, I was thinking along the lines if an error is displayed in App, then possibly link to the relevant status for that service, ie only prompt the user with link to status of services *if* they get an error *and* the error is possibly related to the outage.

I personally wouldn't want the App cluttered with unnecessary status icons/messages/notifications.