Skip to main content

Hello,

I would like to suggest a new feature for the iOS App of Sonos.

It would be great to have profiles for the EQ that automatically set at a given time the EQ according to a preset config/profile.

• E.g.: I could create two EQ profiles that automatically adjust the EQ once a given time is reached (skipping loudness in this example);
    Profile Day at 8AM” with Bass +10 and Treble +5 and “Profile Night at 9PM” with Bass -10 and Treble +0.

That is it for the basic feature!

The Sonos sound system seems to be currently unaware of the night/day time and does not adjust accordingly.

Most of my home and/or smart devices etc. are “going to sleep” (and “wake up” as well) at a given time I set; dimming the light, filtering blue light etc. and that would be an awesome feature for the sound system as well.

More ideas for fine-tuning or extra features:

• Support different profiles for different days; this way weekends could have “a little extra hour of full sound” or something like that.
  • Smooth transition up and down; slowly start adjusting the parameters within a given transition time frame (“TTF”, e.g.: 0-30min), so that once the night time is reached the profile equals the settings (in case the TTF is 30min, it starts adjusting at “time-30min” and is increasing or decreasing accordingly).
  • UX Peak! Preset Sonos Profiles “SoPro Day”, “SoPro Night”; basically using this feature from the start with the “best” acceptable parameters and transition times. The user would have never to do anything but enjoy the product and experience this feature (maybe ask and toggle it on/off during the initial setup?).

This basic feature would be a real gem since this kind of adjustments have been integrated in a vast majority of systems so far and is almost hard to not have.

As of now, I need to adjust it everyday manually which is just the same repeatedly executed task that could be automated to greatly increase the autonomy of the Sonos sound system.

Last but not least I would like to leave you a sincere “thank you” for the great sound of your Sonos products I got to experience so far!

Thanks again and kind regards

Hey @mash-01 , welcome to our Community!

I believe I’ve seen similar feature requests here and there from fellow Community users. I will forward this to our developers team for consideration.

Thank you for the kind words. 🙂

Sotiris C

Hello @Sotiris C. ,

thanks for the welcome!

Yes indeed, there are similar feature requests:

•  

Some match my request more - some less, but they are pointing to the same issue this feature idea comes from.

However, I have seen that they are sometimes a year old and the feature still seems to not have been released (version 14.16, released a week ago).

I do not want to stress the issue but it appears as if the requests regarding this feature just got lost over time and were forgotten.

In the changelog (at least in the App Store) is never mentioned the introduction of a new feature (or requested ones) or any other detail about the version but only something like “bug fixes and performance improvement” for all the versions since the first release of 13.1.3.

Is there a more detailed changelog for the Sonos iOS App that is publicly available (like GitHub)?

Will there be an answer or response that I can see from the developers team or you whether this will make it into development or not (is rejected) when you forwarded this feature request? Like is there any possibility for me to monitor this feature request?

Since I really need this feature it is kind of a big deal for me, honestly.

Thanks & Regards

@mash-01,

If, as you mention, it’s a big deal for you, then almost all that you have requested in your opening post here, can likely be achieved via a third-party App called ‘Soro’ - which is a plugin for the shortcuts App on iOS, that accesses Sonos features via the available API and it allows (amongst other things) the setting of room EQ settings to a daily schedule, voice command(s) or App icon, available on screen/widget. So whilst your suggestion has been put forward for consideration by Sonos developers, you can perhaps explore the features of that App too.
Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated to the Soro App, or it’s developer, but do use the App myself.

Hi @Ken_Griffiths ,

thank you for your additional reply!

And yes, it is actually a big deal for me and therefore I have already checked out the Soro App, following your suggested link. On the first glance it seems to have exactly what I was looking for (that is this feature), I guess they will get a new customer real soon 😀.

Hopefully, this will be just a workaround until this feature is eventually introduced and released in the official Sonos App, but I simply do not want to wait for year or so. 

Thanks again for your recommendation. I will have a closer look at the Soro App soon.