Skip to main content

I’m annoyed EXTREMELY with the Sonos insistence that I use the mobile app to add products etc.  I don’t have any password info on my mobile - they’re ALL on my laptop.  So even time I have to reset something and then add back an existing product I have to find my Sonos password and enter it manually (it’s automatic on the laptop).

It is annoying in the extreme.

Rant over (for now).

Fortunately I’m a customer for more than 10 years, so I’m not giving up the benefits of Sonos over this.  A newer one might not be so forgiving.

This is an EXTREMELY baffling rant.  Sonos have removed most of the admin functions from the desktop controller.  That is just the way it is.  Adding a speaker with the mobile app is simple.

But the real puzzle is “So every time I have to reset something and then add back an existing product I have to find my Sonos password”.  Why are you having to do this?  I have had Sonos for 10 years now, I have a seven zone system.  I don’t recall ever having to reset and re-add a speaker.  What are you doing?

I’m with John B.  I’d struggle to remember my Sonos password were it not for using it to read this community. Can’t remember the first or last time I’ve needed to use it for my music system. 

There is absolutely no reason to reset a Sonos product, unless you are selling it.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Matter of fact, resetting erases valuable diagnostic information that Sonos can use to troubleshoot a faulty device, so it's actually detrimental to do a reset.

All of you miss the point.  It’s annoying to have to use the mobile app for some aspects that require a log-in and password.  

My mobile app stays signed in.

And if I happen to reset the app occasionally the phone remembers the username/password and pastes them in so I can sign in again.

Yes, so can mine.  I chose not to have any password details on my mobile - they’re all on the laptop.

I don’t see why your mobile could be losing its Sonos account sign-in.

All of you miss the point.  It’s annoying to have to use the mobile app for some aspects that require a log-in and password.  

I think you must have a much lower extreme annoyance threshold than I.

Btw, most settings are behind a password in the mobile app for the account holder's protection. If you allowed someone else to use the system, they could play music but not mess with your settings. A password is only requested if the device has not previously been connected to the system, if the app has been reset, or if the app hasn't been used for some time. So it may be that this only arises because you use the mobile app only rarely. 

Anyway,  the PC controller is just for playing music. The admin tasks are done on the mobile app. It's been that way for years and isn't going to change.