Skip to main content

I'm having an odd issue - I can't seem to add (or play) Apple Music on my Sonos --- directly from Apple Music. I can stream from my Windows PC (presumably AirPlay 2) - but I can't actually play my (paid) Apple Music library from the Sonos app.

I'm getting error 701 on my iPad, and "UNABLE TO ADD TO QUEUE" (no error code) on the Windows 10 native Sonos app.

OTHER details: The only (recent) change to my Sonos system is I added Spotify Premium. I think something may have gotten corrupted - even the name of my Apple Music service was what I thought I set Spotify to.

FINALLY: I've had Sonos (and 10 zones) for >11 years so I'm pretty familiar - and had to remove my Sonos Bridge (thanks Sonos) when S2 was released. That's when weird stuff like this started...

Hi @lindros99, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue that you have on Error 701 regarding this issue. Kindly check this link about this error message and some troubleshooting steps that you can do. Let us know how it goes. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.