Error 2753 when installing Windows app

• 11 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi, I have recently attempted to reinstall the Sonos app for Windows (11 64 bit). I uninstalled the version I had as it could not connect or find my system. I am getting the above error when attempting to open the app at the end of the install process. 

Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Resurrected 

Thanks for your post!

I believe that error is the result of a badly decompressed temporary installation folder. I’d try the following:

1. Uninstall the Sonos app
  2. Ensure “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonos” no longer exists
  3. Reboot the PC
  4. Check for Windows Updates
  5. Re-download the Sonos app from here (be sure to download again - don’t use the file you already have)
  6. Install the app again

I was able to find the following (rather ad-heavy) article which you may find helpful:

Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation

I hope this helps.

Badge +3

Hi Corry, 

Unfortunately none of this helped. 

I ended up calling the Sonos helpline and after a long time on the phone trying to resolve the issue, the guy I spoke with could not resolve the problem and he informed me that Sonos would need to raise a case with Microsoft. 

Hi Corry, 

I ended up calling the Sonos helpline and after a long time on the phone trying to resolve the issue, the guy I spoke with could not resolve the problem and he informed me that Sonos would need to raise a case with Microsoft. 

If not tried already, see if Windows SFC (system file checker) might fix the issue for you.. see this link:

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/run-sfc-and-dism-in-windows-11.html

Badge +3

Hi Corry, 

If not tried already, see if Windows SFC (system file checker) might fix the issue for you.. see this link:

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/run-sfc-and-dism-in-windows-11.html

Hi Ken, 

I'd already ran that. No joy unfortunately.