Skip to main content

Why buy a Sonos speaker when Sonos defeats the option qualities an app such as Pandora provides? Pandora enables a repeat song option when I’m using my AV system, or in my car. or my workshop speakers using aux. through my iphone. Yet Sonos disables this feature. Only on a Sonos speaker I’m not able to replay a song. Sonos, are you listening? 

Sonos does not determine what a music service can and cannot do within the Sonos app.  They have an open API that services can use as they wish., which surely includes the ability to replay.  Your comment is better directed at Pandora.

Thanks for the reply. It’s interesting that I’m going to first have to find out how a music app works with certain devices rather than buying a device and thinking I just can just use it like I’m already using it on my current devices. Or, of course, change the app. My ignorance.

Learning experience, not ignorance. 

Thanks for the reply. It’s interesting that I’m going to first have to find out how a music app works with certain devices rather than buying a device and thinking I just can just use it like I’m already using it on my current devices. Or, of course, change the app. My ignorance.

I wasn't questioning your desire for having the same feature in Sonos that you do in the Pandora app, just that you’re complaining to the wrong company.

Also, I believe you can use the Pandora app and cast the audio to a Sonos speaker.  Not 100% sure of that and can’t test to verify right now.    If you have an iPhone, you could use airplay.