Answered

Eliminating duplicates from playlist

• 10 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I have some large Sonos playlists and I haven't figured out how to eliminate duplicates. This can be particularly troubling when combining two existing playlists (e.g. adding a 100 song playlist to an existing 500 song list). Typically, I would look for a sort function, sort the playlist by song title, and scroll thru, identify the duplicates, and delete. However, I haven't been able to find a sort function..

Has anyone solved this?
icon

Best answer by Thesil 10 July 2018, 21:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thanks Thesil, but this assumes that the playlist originates from elsewhere, and maybe this is my error. I have unique playlists in Sonos that have been built from a combination of my personal playlists and Apple Music playlists, etc. Effectively, I'd have to rebuild them, assuming I could remember what the sources were in the first place :)

Well, I guess that old axiom of “never assume “ , etc, rings true here. I hope you figure it out
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
No, you can't just rebuild them in other applications because they could be from a variety of sources.
Sonos allows you the ability to create them but not the ability to search them, sort them or even back them up.
Thanks Thesil, but this assumes that the playlist originates from elsewhere, and maybe this is my error. I have unique playlists in Sonos that have been built from a combination of my personal playlists and Apple Music playlists, etc. Effectively, I'd have to rebuild them, assuming I could remember what the sources were in the first place 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I don’t think you can do that thru the Sonos app. I think that you would have to go where your music is stored , ie iTunes , and edit from there and uncheck the duplicate songs , then when you refresh sonos, the dupes should be gone