Answered

Download S1 app

• 11 April 2020
  • 6 replies

I moved house over a year ago and have just got around to setting up my beloved Sonos system [2xZP120 Connect:amp and 1x Connect (Get 1)]. My controllers on Mac CPU and iPhones have updated the software and I can no longer link my devices. How can I download the old app (s1 I believe) to control my old devices. Any help would be really appreciated. I am gutted that I cannot use this fab equipment.

icon

Best answer by Phil 2020 12 April 2020, 22:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @Phil 2020 

You can no loger use a computer (desktop/laptop) to setup Sonos. You can only use an iOS or Android device.

Assuming you haven’t changed the SSID and Passphrase for your router..new or old (old meaning the one from your previous residence) just plug everything in and you’re good to go.

If you have changed SSID and Passphrase for your router (be it new or old) follow the instructions in the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

If the instructions in the link prove to be ineffective you may have to perform a Factory Reset on your equipment as per instructions in this link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Warning: A Factory Reset will destroy ALL information including playlists.

Hi. There is no S1 app  It is the same app as you have always used. Perhaps you could give a fuller description of your issues so that we can try to work out what tbe real problem is. 

Thanks both. I have sorted the issue. I was trying to add the device via the controller on the Mac CPU. The software has changed. On previous versions of the software under the manage tab there was a drop down “add Sonos device”. That has now gone, so with the fact Sonos was not supporting these products with updates I got into a tizzy thinking that with the newer versions of the software you could not add old devices. As you suggested the sis not the case and I added the device on a iPhone controller, so all sorted. Thanks for your help. All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yeah Sonos should really make it obvious in the Desktop apps that you need to use Mobile to Add or Setup systems. The Engineering team could really make life a lot easier for Support staff (and customers) with a few simple changes to the code.

where in the world can I download the sonos s1 controller app for mac?

I cannot find it anywhere!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @briddle23, thanks for reaching out. Here’s the link to download the Sonos S1 Controller App for macOS. For reference, here’s the link to Download the Sonos S1 and S2 app. Let us know if this helps. Thanks!