Answered

Dolby Atmos - Apple vs Amazon

• 15 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Does anyone know if either of the above services have more Dolby Atmos tracks than the other? I'm an Amazon girl but wonder if Apple have more tracks? 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 17 April 2023, 13:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @SarahN,

I’ve had a look but can’t see exactly how many Dolby Atmos tracks either service has. I did see a mention of Amazon having over 1000 tracks in Dolby Atmos, but not sure if this is correct or just internet speculation.

I think in this case it would be better to ask the Music Service provider themselves as, from a user side, you’ll need to find them manually or in a Spatial Audio Playlist, which is actually what Amazon recommend.

I don’t use either of these services myself, so other users who do may have more of an idea of the volume of Dolby Atmos tracks, however I hope this information helps!

I suspect that the number of atmos tracks in each service is going to be updating on a fairly regular basis.  Also, some tracks are not going to be well produced, so a raw count might not be the best indicator of which service is better for atmos content.