Skip to main content
Question

Do SONOS take any notice of the forum

• 21 November 2017
  • 7 replies

I haven't any evidence that the SONOS team take any notice of what is written here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I haven't any evidence that the SONOS team take any notice of what is written here.

Hi! Sonos team checking in.

We absolutely read everything posted here. We're working through to help everyone we can, but it's been a bit busy with all of the activity lately so we're a bit behind. Nevertheless, everything will be read and questions answered.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
@malaki, really? I have to completely disagree. I’ve rarely seen a product forum with as much oversight and collaboration as this.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We absolutely read everything posted here. We're working through to help everyone we can, but it's been a bit busy with all of the activity lately so we're a bit behind. Nevertheless, everything will be read and questions answered.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I would like to know if it's possible to develop SONOS to allow select your own sleep timer period or could you include extra increments between 1 and 2 hours. I always have had music on digital timer for the past 25 years and sometimes would opt for 1.25, or 1.5 hours depending on work tomorrow and what I might want to listen to.

I have also put a comment ref the main screen being very bright in the middle of the night if you want to change from radio to music, increase the timer or turn SONOS off, it used to be a little more user friendly at night, possibly a night time screen (similar to sat naves)which is less bright would be appreciated by some especially my wife. I sometimes have to leave the room to alter my SONOS now.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@malaki, really? I have to completely disagree. I’ve rarely seen a product forum with as much oversight and collaboration as this.

There's definitely some sound community management going on, and I don't doubt our comments are being passed on.

Passed that point however it looks like nothing happens with that feedback. As several of those involved with the beta program pointed out, only the reported bugs got addressed while the actual feedback got ignored.

And that pattern continuous. Product management has been completely silent on the backlash, and neither 8.1 or 8.2 addressed a single issue (even though they are known since the beta).

Sure doesn't feel like taking notice to me.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I'm sure Sonos do take notice. But what then? We're still having to work around the issues with Sonos software. We're still having to remember which of the many "play" buttons are "safe" because, over a year on, Sonos haven't finished the switch from persistent-by-default to ephemeral-by-default queues. We're still having to remember that "favourite artists" are called "My Sonos others" on mobile/tablet only and accessed differently from desktop, because "consistency". We're still slagging off the dreadful, inconsistent, incomplete, unintuitive mess of a UI, because we judge software by "what is actually shipped", not "what was intended and/or blogged about".

We get that Sonos is a business and feel they have to prioritise shiny new features (the voice-control land-grab) over core functionality and loyal customers. And yes, since I bought my Sonos, the software has improved. And gotten worse. And shows no signs of getting fixed, if the last year of releases is any guide. Customer loyalty has its limits...
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Passed that point however it looks like nothing happens with that feedback. As several of those involved with the beta program pointed out, only the reported bugs got addressed while the actual feedback got ignored.
Happy to agree with this comment 100%. Hopefully they learned their lesson with all of the negative feedback received since release.