Answered

do I need 2 accounts in the same house?

• 7 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I have 4 Sonos speakers in my home. I have 2 iPhones that belong to 2 different people that have different music apps.  Now I want to hook up to use those 4 speakers. Should each iPhone have its own Sonos account?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 October 2023, 04:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I wouldn’t think so. Each user can set up their own music account following the instructions at the multiple accounts per service FAQ. 

Badge +4

So should I have 1 or 2 Sonos accounts?  Wouldn’t it be easier to create 2 accounts so each person can control their Sonos with their own phone?

If you create 2 accounts, each account would have access to their own speaker(s) and not the other(s). If you create one Sonos account, any user can choose to play on the speaker that they want, without any rigmarole of reconnecting to a different account. All speakers would be connected to that one account.

Using a single Sonos account, then following the instructions in the linked account to set up individual ‘users’ would be the way to go. Each user would default to their own ‘music’ and not see the others, without a pull down choice. 

Badge +4

So you can’t hook up 1 speaker to 2 accounts?

No. Each speaker connects to a single Sonos account. 

A speaker can only belong to one account.