Skip to main content
Are there any apps (3rd party even) that will allow me to “DJ” over my Sonos Connect: Amps? I’d like to be able to mix in songs and fade them in and out. A little scratching would be mix too!
Hi there, JamallsJ. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community!

I've personally tried this and in most cases, I wouldn't recommend DJing over Sonos. While the idea of having your mix pump through the house is great, the trouble comes in when Sonos has to send the mix to the other Sonos rooms.

To give a little more detail...

My Pioneer DJM-850 is connected to a set of KRK Rokit 5 monitors and I tried running the Master Outs to a Sonos Connect using a 1/4" to RCA cable. While the mix sounds good in my immediate area (around the KRK monitors and on my cue headphones) Sonos still has to take that audio data from the Connect and wirelessly transmit it to other speakers in the house. This introduces a noticeable delay and phase between each room on Sonos and the source (the mixer and the attached speakers).

Because of this, I settled for adding Sonos as one of my 4 channels on the DJM. This means that I can use Sonos as a "third deck" and mix in and out of my favourite tracks on Soundcloud or Spotify. While this doesn't bring my DJing to the rest of my home Sonos, it now acts as a creative tool when DJing at home. 🆒