Disable Hard Button on Sonos Speakers

• 24 March 2014
  • 40 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

40 replies

+1 Great Idea
Badge
My 1 yr old kid plays with the buttons on the top of the speakers all the time - so we have put the speaker back in their box. Please can we have a software setting to disable these buttons? Then I can get the speakers out again. 
And you know what, I might even buy the additional pairs that I had planned before discovering my child's desire to DJ!
This is just one of several issues that could be resolved by making the button configurable by the user.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My cat is turning on my system. My cat is turning on our system by stepping on the pause button, we need a way to delete the service form a room so it wont play when you hit the button on the speaker.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My cat is turning on my system. My cat is turning on our system by stepping on the pause button, we need a way to delete the service form a room so it wont play when you hit the button on the speaker.
I (and my close neighbours) would also appreciate this as a feature... Child with a disability who just loves to play with the volume buttons... I need to restore peace to the neighbourhood...
I need this feature.  Our 2 year old loves that he can blast us out of bed at 6am.  Wife is ready to toss the whole system out.  I have mounted the speaker higher up out of reach but the kid is climber.  It's only a matter of time.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
i use every day hard buttons... Either to close the music, or as i am standing in the living room to volume up or down... It takes to many buttons to change the volume through my phone or tablet.. However disabling these might be useful for other users, so it may be useful having this option. When my kids turn 2, then i might find this useful, since my kids might start pressing them...
That would be useful.
Especially once you've set the volume to a reasonable level.
I would however like to see the option to distinguish between 'mute'/'pauze' and volume controls, because the hardware pauze is can be useful.
Maybe limit the 'pauze'/'mute' to the single room instead of all of the linked rooms ?
My cat sometimes sits on top of my play:5, starting the music. I don't know how often this happens when I'm not at home or at night. But I totally agree there should be an option to disable the buttons on top. I have never used them anyway 🙂
+1 Doesn't take a genus to work out the buttons! Both my kids (age 1 & 3) can now use all 3 buttons whenever they feel like 😞
I second that, my kids keep turning on the music all the time. Would be really handy feature.
Would also be very handy when you, like me, have a 1-year-old who has discovered these buttons..
Keep dreaming! (Sorry)
Please......