Development question; VB.NET to play .MP3 or else a Radio Station

• 8 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Sonos to play an MP3 or Radio Station from VB.NET

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Its the Resume afterwards that is the hard part. Sonos have added some clip support to the cloud API, not sure if it is available at the UPnP level.
I'd give that Win8 code a try. Probably not much difference between that and Win7, if any at all. It can always be tweaked if it doesn't work.
Even some API for purchase. Something that allows me to play an audio file (.wav, .mp3, etc.) over Sonos. Ideally, if something is already playing I would allow me to pause it, or stop it... then play the audio file, then un-phase or restore playing of the original (like a Radio Station - whatever is playing).

Can’t image that someone hasn’t successfully done this already...
Thanks, but need a Windows 7 solution, not on Windows 8/10 yet...
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
This article looks to cover the basic using VB: https://www.codeproject.com/articles/458807/%2fArticles%2f458807%2fUPnP-code-for-Windows-8
Can someone direct me to an API and a VB.NET example on how to play an .MP3 or to start the playing of a Sonos Radio Station?

(BTW, this is VB.NET Client/Desktop application)