Answered

Desktop Controller able to broadcast Desktop audio

• 28 October 2016
  • 6 replies

I have two play ones set up in my office, Just think it would be nice to have an option to set the desktop as an audio source.

Desktop audio via DLNA to the play ones as a built in option.

Would greatly broaden the usability as then they could play the audio for movies, games, youtube, and well any audio on the desktop at all
icon

Best answer by jgatie 29 October 2016, 01:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi. Thanks but as a hundred threads on here have said, Sonos is not designed to be a computer speaker. There are plenty of such speakers on the market but Sonos isn't in that market.

O' didn't realize you know Sonos marketing strategy

Chicks if you read the post, not once was music and a desktop PC referred to.

Correct, you referred to "desktop audio", what does that imply if not a desktop PC or some sort, and be aware, a Mac IS a PC, if that's the clever answer you had up your sleeve.
Thank you, agree not what i want to hear, but thank you.

guess it's time to go get a connect or play 5, Stream what you hear is to unstable and laggy for what i need.

(Atleast they are integrating alexa 🙂 )
This has been requested for years, and not once has Sonos even hinted it would be coming in a future release. They have repeatedly stated that although there are some workarounds (line-ins, Stream What You Hear) Sonos was not designed as a computer speaker. Not what you want to hear, but I would not hold my breath waiting for this feature.

As an aside, I find it ironic you denigrate a longtime poster for claiming to know Sonos' marketing plans, yet use the hash tag #increasesalesahundredfold.
Hi. Thanks but as a hundred threads on here have said, Sonos is not designed to be a computer speaker. There are plenty of such speakers on the market but Sonos isn't in that market.

O' didn't realize you know Sonos marketing strategy

Chicks if you read the post, not once was music and a desktop PC referred to.

So, if anyone could contribute something useful, it would be much appreciated.
Maybe 10 years ago, but in 2016? Does anyone really listen to music on a desktop PC anymore? Dinosaurs...