Answered

Desktop app does not allow control of individual speakers in a group

• 23 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I have three Sonos Play:1 speakers which are sometimes used individually, sometimes grouped.  When I group two or more speakers, on the desktop app I cannot control the volume of individual speakers, only the entire group.  The small pop-up window with the individual speakers is visible but the volume sliders do not work.  This is only a problem on the Windows desktop app - the app on my phone is fine. But it is a problem on both Windows laptops that I have.  And it appears to have arisen only in the last few days.

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 October 2022, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The issue is known and will be fixed. See this link:

Thank GOD they finally fixed this!!!  Shame on SONOS for not getting it fixed sooner.  This was ridiculous when a 3rd party app had it right (phonos universal)  And the OEM could not get it corrected.  Shame on you SONOS!!!  Was going to buy a pair of 5’s for a Basement setup.  But NOPE; Going with a Regular AMP and speakers now with a Cheap competitor controller that Is NOT SONOS.   Too much money spent on SONOS without support.  SONOS has lost the reason for being.  They take the consumer for granted!!!!!  Not gonna keep supporting a company that cant get their code right.  Bring back the FULL PC App.  Easy for integrators to remote in and fix issues.  Not so with a Phone App.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Mistakes happen.  Unfortunately with Software development it is often impossible to release an immediate patch, instead the fix goes into the current development test version that can take 2-3 cycles to get to the end user.  Sonos release cycles are monthly so that can mean a 2-3 month delay.  The same happened with the fix for the Move and the Bass issue on Trueplay.  It will happen again.  Modern software is getting so complex that full end to end testing is not possible, instead focusing on new or changed elements.  Hence why Sonos have effectively frozen the Mac and Windows controllers.

You’ve had your rant, and I’ve done similar in the past…..So when are the new basement Fives arriving 😉