Skip to main content
Question

Deleting ghosts from my Sonos Music Library

• 27 November 2020
  • 1 reply

My Sonos music library is my iMac music library (mostly my own CDs I've ripped and music I've purchased and downloaded from iTunes store).  When I add artists or albums to my iMac music library, my Sonos library updates next time I click ‘Update Music Library’.  So far so good.

But why can't it do the reverse? When I delete artists from my Imac music library they don't delete from my Sonos music library. How is this even possible? and how can I persuade my Sonos system to delete the tracks and artists I’ve already deleted from my iMac? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @Colin999.

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand where you’re coming from. Let me help you out with that.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand how to proceed.

• How do we delete the artist from the music library? Do we just remove it from the iTunes/Apple music app or do we delete the exact file from the computer itself?
  • After deleting the artist from the music library (whatever is your answer to the above question, what is the next step we do?
  • Can we try checking the file itself from the music folder to see if it is still there?
  • If it is still there, can we delete the file itself then open the Sonos App and tap on update music library now? 

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,