Default Volume

• 16 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey Sonos,

I have followed many threads on this topic.   The default volume by source I understand is not feasible with so many variables.  Let’s simply start with a default “start up” volume.   No matter the source it’s reasonable to assume that most handle more volume at night than in the morning.  Every morning I sit down with coffee, ask SVC to play something morningish and get blasted until I ask SVC to turn it down.  Please give us the option when we fire our system up to turn the volume up not down if needed.  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BuffaloMan 

Thanks for your post!

I am not sure I understand it, however. The speakers remain at their last-used volume - there is no “default” volume.

Should you expect your volume to be louder than you want it to be, you can always ask SVC to set the volume to a specific level before you start playback (or use the speaker’s controls or the app, of course).

I do of course get your point - I’ll flag this as a feature request to have a default volume set on a speaker when it has not played for a time. Please note, however, that if the development team determine that this is likely to cause more issues than it solves, they will likely not implement it.

So, thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!