Skip to main content
Answered

Deezer - Why not the full experience

• 21 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I still don’t understand why the standard Deezer feature rich experience is not available inside the Sonos application. Sonos just does not want to make any improvements here and it would significantly improve my user experience. I was thinking of getting a 2nd Roam but if I want both stereo and missing options in Deezer’s native environment, I can’t do it because Roam wont support bluetooth sterio pairing and the Sonos environment won’t support the full Deezer experience. Disappointing. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I don’t use Deezer so please help me out: what is the “full Deezer experience” and what specifically are you missing?

Is it Sonos’ responsibility, or something missing in Deezer’s implementation of their interface to Sonos?

Hi.  Two reasons.

1. Sonos provide a free API, and music services are responsible for implementing the features they wish to.  Some services make a better and fuller job of this than others.
  2. The Sonos API has to accommodate the features of dozens of music services.  Deezer have to accommodate, er, one.

It is also worth noting that many services have made it possible to use their own apps directly with Sonos.  So I can enjoy the full “feature rich experience” of Amazon Music on Sonos.  So it seems Sonos are up for providing this experience.  Are Deezer?