Skip to main content
Answered

Deezer Intergration is not available

• 20 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi Sonos Community

I have a Sonos Arc and I tried to integrate Deezer account in services. I just don’t see Deezer available within the app. Any ideas.

I live in Japan and Deezer is available in Japan. 

Cheers

ARIESBABU

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You may want to check your Sonos account on the Sonos website, and make sure that Japan is listed in your account, and perhaps the post code as well. Sonos uses some combination of that data in order to filter what service options are presented to you in the controller.

Hello there…

Thanks Bruce for the suggestion. I made sure the address is updated and signed out and signed in. Still no luck. Deezer and Tidal are not showing. I waited a few hours too to check it again. Still no luck. Perhaps I should wait 24 hours at least. 

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks for your help.

Not that I can think of. I don’t happen to know if Deezer has authorized Sonos to carry their stream in Japan, that would need tipo be confirmed by another user, or a Sonos rep. Simply having a streaming service in a location doesn’t always mean that the streaming service has authorized Sonos to carry them, due to complexities in legal rights, etc.

I think at this point, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call or chat with Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

As a note, when  you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

The list of Countries where Deezer is supported is shown in this link…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2919

i don’t see Japan at first glance through the list.

Ah, thanks, Ken, I’d shamefully forgotten about that resource. Great catch!

To the OP, I’d recommend petitioning Deezer to get them to authorize a Sonos stream. 

Thanks Bruce and Ken for support.

I will get in touch with Deezer.

Also just to let you guys know, Tidal is also not available in Japan for Sonos stream. I might write to them as well.

Frequently, there are legal reasons as to why these companies can not authorize a third party such as Sonos, it boils down to the streaming rights contracts they have signed with the record companies. Unfortunately, Sonos has no stake in that, otherwise I’m sure they’d be putting as much pressure as possible, to open up the opportunity to sell more speakers, essentially the only way Sonos makes money, barring the new HD radio subscription model.