Skip to main content

Dark Mode available now. S2

• 29 October 2021
  • 37 replies

So now Dark mode is enabled?  It’s in settings-app preferences-appearance.

This must have been part of 13:3:2  but I’m sue it wasn’t turned on then.  Seems to have been activated later, or maybe I’ve only just noticed, although no one else seems to have noticed either😳

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Badge +17

Hey @bockersjv,

I’m glad you’ve noticed! We enabled dark mode on 27th October for everyone on S2 version 13.3 or later :slight_smile:

What do you think about the new colour-scheme?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I really like it.
You should have saved the unveiling for Halloween 🎃  👻 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey @bockersjv,

I’m glad you’ve noticed! We enabled dark mode on 27th October for everyone on S2 version 13.3 or later :slight_smile:

Doesn't appear on android 8 on Huawei M5 tablet and t3 tablet.  There is no appearance menu option. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @bockersjv,

Not seeing an Appearance tab in 13.3.2 App preferences?  On iOS 15.1

Hey @bockersjv,

Try fully closing the Sonos App and re-opening it again - you may have to do it a couple of times, but the feature should appear at the top of the "Settings/App Preferences” area of the App.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @bockersjv,

Try fully closing the Sonos App and re-opening it again - you may have to do it a couple of times, but the feature should appear at the top of the "Settings/App Preferences” area of the App.

thanks that did the trick

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you ! Glad I found this thread. This one had be wondering too as I couldn't see The Appearance setting in the latest Sonos App version 13:3:2 on my iPhone either.

For anyone also wondering what  “fully close” the Sonos App and re-open it again means. AKA sign out of the app and sign in again :wink: Viola! Dark Mode :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Nothing appears on Huawei tablets whatever I do. 

Hey @James L. is this rolling out to users? I’ve force closed, rebooted, logged out/in, using 13.3.2 in iOS. Tried on more than one device. No luck. 

I’m sure it will be enabled at some point. it’s a nice feature addition. 

Just to be sure, you’re using Apple’s dark mode? Settings>Appearance>Dark? 

My impression is that the app takes on whatever the OS’s setting are, and there isn’t an explicit app setting for it. At least, I’ve not found one. My iOS devices are all set to dark mode, and it just started working a few days ago. 

Just to be sure, you’re using Apple’s dark mode? Settings>Appearance>Dark? 

My impression is that the app takes on whatever the OS’s setting are, and there isn’t an explicit app setting for it. At least, I’ve not found one. My iOS devices are all set to dark mode, and it just started working a few days ago. 

Yes iOS is set to dark mode. 

Well, that scuppers that theory. The next things I’d do is a forced close of the application, to ensure it’s not holding on to any settings in a ‘background’ mode, and if that didn’t work, I’d actually force a hard reboot of the iOS device, to clear any potentially lingering iOS issues. But you say you’ve already done both of those steps, so I’d default to the need for you to submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I have the same issue, not seeing the option for dark mode in the latest Sonos App. Signed out and back in, deleted the app, re downloaded the app.

I have the iPhone set to automatic for dark mode, sunset to sunrise…. Tried forcing it to always dark.

still no option in Sonos App.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just checked again this morning and it has now appeared in the App preferences 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Still not seeing the option on my M1 iPad Pro though, tried the same steps as I did for my iPhone, will leave it overnight to see if it just takes time

I’m not seeing it on any of my devices yet.  

I have confirmed that 13.3.2 is what I’m running as well. Which version of iOS are you running? I’m currently on 15.1, but am wondering if you’re perhaps running a beta version?

I’d also be awfully tempted to suggest you submit a diagnostic…. Probably a higher chance (although not 100%) that there might be something in that data set that explains exactly why you’re not seeing it. 

I however, do not have an M1 iPad, merely an older iPad Pro 11 inch, so I’m not able to match your ‘system’ to be confident enough. However, it does work fine on that iPad, and my iPhone 13 as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I am running iOS/iPadOS 15.2 Beta, I wondered if that was the issue too but the iPhone came through in the end, the iPad is still not seeing it

Diagnostics - 1394386187 from the iPad not seeing the settings 

Will keep an eye on it

I am running iOS/iPadOS 15.2 Beta, I wondered if that was the issue too but the iPhone came through in the end, the iPad is still not seeing it

Will keep an eye on it

I’m not sure about the iOS beta as that’s an issue by itself, but perhaps try signing out the iPad controller App, fully close the App (slide off screen) and then re-open and sign back in - you might have to open/close the App a couple of times. If no joy, then I suspect it’s the iOS beta.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Whatever... It's still not available on my Huawei android 8 tablets.   Guess it's MIA. 

Will keep an eye on it

15.1 on the iOS devices in my house, still not seeing it. 

Will keep an eye on it

I’m using iOS 15.1 too on all the devices here and the dark-mode feature has appeared on all - did you try signing out/in the App aswell as opening/closing it fully a couple of times?

Will keep an eye on it

I’m using iOS 15.1 too on all the devices here and the dark-mode feature has appeared on all - did you try signing out/in the App aswell as opening/closing it fully a couple of times?

Yes I posted in this thread previously the steps I have taken (and since try daily) which include signing/in out, reboot, open/close. 

I realize that it is available for many (most?) users, and I’m sure it will show up in my app eventually 👍🏾

Badge +17

Hey @Bumper and @BMF,

Could you try fully closing the Sonos app, toggling the dark/light mode settings inside iOS, then checking to see if the option shows up inside Sonos?

Hey @Bumper and @BMF,

Could you try fully closing the Sonos app, toggling the dark/light mode settings inside iOS, then checking to see if the option shows up inside Sonos?

Thanks for the suggestion, will try this later on today and post back.