CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Userlevel 2
Everything used to work perfectly….Then it all stopped working…so, started by rebooting my router.

I then hard-wired ZP80 and ZP100 via Ethernet to get them to connect.  SUCCESS! I can now control them both on my WiFi network from my iPad SONOS app.  That's all good!

HOWEVER, I cannot get the CR100 to associate with the ZP80 or the ZP100.  

How can I get the CR100 to re-join the party?

I've tried putting both ZP80 and ZP100 into the paring mode (pressing MUTE and VOL-UP)…and they both blink amber…but the CR100 just stares back at me, and eventually times-out.  

When it times out, after a few minutes, it says that no SONOS components are present, but I know better…and so does my iPad, which has no problem controlling both units.

I've also tried resetting the CP100 by pressing the following sequence:

<left soft button>
<middle soft button>
<mute button>
<middle soft button>
<back button>
..then scrolling down to "Turn Off CR"
..and pressing the Enter button

Once I put the CR100 in the dock, and it reboots, I try to pair it again…but no love.

Thanks.

BTW, see 4195270 diagnostics…which probably won't help, given that the ZP80, ZP100 and iPad are working just fine.  It's the CR100 that can't see the other units, so it's likely not going show up in the diagnostic report, either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Hi Jeff,

I am also having trouble connecting my CR100 to my system. It keeps saying that "A Sonos Component was not found"

My confirmation number is: 6676516

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I am also having trouble connecting my CR100 to my system. It keeps saying that "A Sonos Component was not found"

My confirmation number is: 6676516

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi CNicolson,

Please give us a call and reference case number: 161024-001646. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Hello Jeff -
I have the same problem connecting two CR100s I just bought. May I have a case number to call in with?

Confirmation number: 6722697

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Jeff -
I have the same problem connecting two CR100s I just bought. May I have a case number to call in with?

Confirmation number: 6722697

Thanks!

Hi aselkirk,

I've created a support ticket for you: 161108-000178. Please give us a call and reference that number, our number is found here.
Dear greatest support staff, I have a similar issue with Two of my three CR100, they will not connect. I have had them all working prior to a recent move to a New home and I could get one of the units to connect to the bridge that I use for the sonos system but when the other two try they just dont find any system to connect to any help on this matter would be of great help. I have reset them and tried to connect but with no luck. Any assistance with this would be appreciated. I haven't used the controller for several years, and may think it is lagging in updating?
System is up to date as far as I can see except for this controller. System is connected to internet router via Lan from a Sonos bridge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Dear greatest support staff, I have a similar issue with Two of my three CR100, they will not connect. I have had them all working prior to a recent move to a New home and I could get one of the units to connect to the bridge that I use for the sonos system but when the other two try they just dont find any system to connect to any help on this matter would be of great help. I have reset them and tried to connect but with no luck. Any assistance with this would be appreciated. I haven't used the controller for several years, and may think it is lagging in updating?
System is up to date as far as I can see except for this controller. System is connected to internet router via Lan from a Sonos bridge.

Hi Geekwork,

We can help you get your CR100s connected but we can only do so over the phone. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161217-001569. You can find our contact information here.
I recently changed routers and had to re-connect using a line to the router directly. All this worked except for the CR100. When connected via a wire to my router, the CR100 connects. The second I remove the wire, the CR100 disconnects. Please help me keep the CR100 connected. Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I recently changed routers and had to re-connect using a line to the router directly. All this worked except for the CR100. When connected via a wire to my router, the CR100 connects. The second I remove the wire, the CR100 disconnects. Please help me keep the CR100 connected. Thanks.

Hi Asilvers72, the CR100 Sonos controller is only able to connect to a SonosNet network. SonosNet network is created by having one Sonos units wired to the router at all times.

Hi Asilvers72, the CR100 Sonos controller is only able to connect to a SonosNet network. SonosNet network is created by having one Sonos units wired to the router at all times.

Is this a brand new thing? For the last 6 months, my CR100 was connected to the SonosNet without any unit being connected to the router
Is this a brand new thing? For the last 6 months, my CR100 was connected to the SonosNet without any unit being connected to the router
It's always been the case. And you must have had a wired component otherwise there'd have been no SonosNet.
Hi, firstly sorry I know I am going back on a very old topic but hoping someone from support might be able to help.

Same old story of a cr100 that won’t connect.

I have connect amps all on sonosnet ok and been working fine for years. Was given an old but brand new cr100 and thought I would try to connect it for basic control functions.

Get notice that is was unable to connect.
I see from reading lots of posts that it could be an issue with a new firmware update on the connect not recognising or allow an original not updated cr100 to connect.

Some posts seem to show Sonos support was able to add a patch to the system to get it to connect and update.

Any way to get the support to get this to connect.
Thanks