Skip to main content

I have 3 x CR100 controllers. I note they are no longer supported by Sonos. What do I do with them? Will Sonos take them back to recycle them?

Hi @robski8.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation where you’re coming from. Let me help out.

I would like to recommend contacting our sales team @+18006802345 option 4 so they can discuss with you the process of what to do and how to take advantage of our trade-up program.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

There is no trade-up option for CR100s.

Recycle the dead CR100s as with any other electronic waste.

Hi @ratty.

Thanks for the correction and clarification. My apologies to the OP. Please allow me to share with you the guide which I found upon checking our system about the CR100 eligibility

The CR100 is not eligible for our Upgrade program, as it reached its end of life as a product before the Trade-Up program was introduced. You can learn more about this at www.sonos.com/cr100. as @ratty suggests either dispose of these controllers responsibly at an E-Waste center or by having us dispose of it for them by contacting our technical support team or our sales team for us to send you a return label so you can ship the device back to us.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

When the end of life for the CR-100 was announced you could get a coupon good for $100 worth of Sonos products.

That program is long past though.

Thanks for the replies.  I inherited this system and I feel restricted by Sonos. I used to be able to use my iPhone music and that has changed so now if I want to use music I am forced into a subscription service. Then again it’s no different to iTunes being phased out for Music. Presumably if I went old school I could connect a CD player to the ZP100 system?

I used to be able to use my iPhone music and that has changed so now if I want to use music I am forced into a subscription service.

No, there are free services available on Sonos.

Presumably if I went old school I could connect a CD player to the ZP100 system?

You could. 

Thanks. That’s me done.

I ripped my CDs to FLAC files and let my Sonos stream them. Haven’t had the CD case open in a couple years.

You don’t need anything fancy, a Raspberry Pi-Zero-W will work just fine pretty cheap unless you really need a big storage card or an external drive.

Thanks Stanley_4.  I will have to Google much of your text so hoping to understand in due course.