Skip to main content

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems having gone from Google play music to You tube premium. Our CR200 worked fine for Google but doesn’t find anything on You tube at all. Our fairly old iPad (version 4 I think) seems to find it without any problems. We are using all old components and control system. So if You tube is no longer an option do you know if Spotify premium still works on the CR200. It’s still by far the most intuitive and user friendly controller available.

Thanks.

Hi @Fletch15, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and we appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. You should still be able to use your CR200 streaming music with YouTube and Spotify. Let me help you out on this.

First I'd like to ask questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did you start experiencing this issue?
2. Have you tried turning off your CR200 and your Play 5 for a few minutes? Did it work?
3. Have you tried rebooting your network and Sonos devices? 

Please submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number to further assist you on this. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We'll wait for your reply.

Thanks for the suggestions Rowena B. I tried all of the things that you recommended, but still no access to You tube music on the CR200.

The diagnostics reference is 467146277.

The message I get is “unable to browse music.”

Hi @Fletch15, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me check it for you.

Based on the report, your Sonos system detected a faulty ethernet cable. You may need to replace it. If you’re still having the same issue after replacing the ethernet cable, It would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting and to do some tests on the Sonos app to isolate the issue to provide the best option for you. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

Hi Rowena B.

That report doesn’t make sense, as much of our network is wireless and some is wired. Everything else works together fine and the controller connects to the network to control other things. Given that the controller is always wireless, I don’t see how it can have a faulty cable.

Do you want me to just contact Sonos customer care?

Thanks

Hi @Fletch15, thank you for your response and we appreciate your feedback. The diagnostic gives us a snapshot of your system and helps us identify what’s causing the issue. Using your CR200 with your Sonos system, we recommend one speaker wired to your router. Since the ethernet cable was detected as faulty you may need to check it or replace it. We can provide you the basic troubleshooting steps, however, none of them work. At this point, we refer you to contact Sonos Customer Care support to perform real-time troubleshooting to isolate the issue and help you with a resolution. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.

I’m having same issue -- cannot see options or find anything on YouTube music or sonos radio.  I get “unable to browse music” message on both.