Skip to main content

My music was all on an external NAS drive which failed.  Data recovery company restored the NAS content and I re-downloaded to new NAS and redirected my Sonos from MacBookPro and controller on iPad and iPhone.  However now, if my Mac is ‘asleep’ neither controller will work.  I get error message 1002 which seems irrelevant as I don’t have the device the error message refers to. Another error message is “Unable to play ‘track x’ - unable to connect to //Lois-nsirname]-MacBook-Pro/Music.  I deleted the Controller app and reinstalled it.  It played one album and when attempting to play a second album - the following long error message popped up:  

Unable to play ‘Album X’ - the file //Lois-âsirname}MacBook-Pro/Music/Music/Media.localised/Music/Jamiroquai/Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving/13 iHidden Track].m4a cannot be found

Words fail me.  Help!

Your Mac cannot be asleep if you want to play music from your music library stored on your Mac.

Seems like you have set up the library to be your MacBook. You should point the library path to your NAS:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/78?language=en_US

Hi @LoisListens please check your Music Library settings in the Sonos App. You may still have the path to your MacBook Pro configured (//Lois--sirname}MacBook-Pro/Music/Music/), which should be removed.

Hi all

I ended up phoning the help line during my lunch break (as not available weekends or when you finish work!) when I was WFH.  And the really friendly and helpful person remoted on and resolved the issue.  I can now play music via my controller app.  One happy Sonos user after nearly two years of frustration

Happy to read you got it fixed and can enjoy your music now 😄